The Philippines is a paradise of lush landscapes, blue seas and world-renowned hospitality. With over 7,000 islands in the archipelago, there’s something for everyone to explore! But when is the best time to visit the Philippines?
If, like me, you come from a country with a relatively non-eventful climate, then the thought of visiting the Philippines can be quite intimidating. Especially if you are visiting this incredible country for the first time. But, from the dry and rainy seasons to typhoon warnings, peak and off-peak seasons, we’ll explain it all here!
So let’s take a look at what makes each month special and how best to plan your trip, so you can experience all that this beautiful country has to offer.
FAQs – Best Time To Visit The Philippines
1. What month is the best time to visit the Philippines?
From weather to cost and festivals, there are many reasons to influence the best time to visit the Philippines. Though, January is often considered the best month to visit the Philippines. During this time, the temperatures are not too hot and rain is less likely. However, don’t expect it to be a completely dry experience. As of January 2023, we’ve seen an unseasonal increase in rainfall across the Philippines.
Nevertheless, it’s not all gloom! As the country will still be in a festive spirit from the New Year celebrations and the regional festivals will be starting to kick off as well. It’s no wonder that January is considered a joyous time to visit the Philippines. Furthermore, tourism will start to drop after the holiday season, so you may be able to get cheaper airfare and discounted hotel deals.
2. What month is the rainy season in the Philippines?
The rainy season in the Philippines spans over several months, from June to November. Though in some years expect it to arrive early or trickle into the holiday season. After all, no one can control mother nature.
But don’t let that put you off visiting the Philippines in December, as the sunshine filled days are still absolutely glorious.
And did I mention that the Philippines is huge on the Christmas spirit? In fact, Christmas is so widely celebrated in the Philippines that I would happily crown it the best tropical Christmas destination.
3. What month is the cheapest to fly to the Philippines?
The cheapest month to fly to the Philippines depends on your departure location, though they generally are March, April, May, September and October.
When flying from:
- London to Manila in these months, you can expect to pay from £560 for return flights.
- New York to Manila in September, you can expect to pay from $750 for return flights.
Want to know how I got these rates? Here’s my Expert Tips To Book Cheap Flights In Skyscanner.
4. What month is the peak season in the Philippines?
Philippines has two peak seasons. The first being December to February during the start of the dry and festive season. And the second is March to May during the ‘summer’ season, with April & May being the warmest.
Of course during this time, flights and hotels prices will increase, so be sure to book the best deals here.
Save More Money By Prebooking Your Activities Here
Seasons In The Philippines
Like the rest of the Northern Hemisphere, Philippines also experiences winter and summer, but in a more tropical way. Also, did you know they have two more seasons in between?
The climate of the Philippines can be best broken down into six seasons:
- Amihan (October/November – February): This is a cool dry season and considered one of the best times to visit for good weather, without too much humidity and often clear blue skies.
- Habagat (March – May): This is the peak summer season in the Philippines when temperatures are highest and rainfall increases, especially along coastal areas.
- Tag-init or Summer Heat (June – September): This is an incredibly hot and humid time of year, with temperatures reaching up to 40 degrees Celsius!
- Tag-ulan or Rainy Season (October – November): This is the rainy season when heavy rainfall and flooding can occur.
- La-Niña: This is the cooler than usual season, with temperatures dropping to around 18 degrees Celsius in some areas. During this time, you can expect heavy rainfall that can lead to floods and landslides.
- El Niño: This is a warmer than usual season, often accompanied by drought conditions throughout much of the country. Luckily, this only occurs once every five years.
Philippines Climate Guide
Here is a climate guide to help you plan your trip to the Philippines. It details the average temperature per each area.
You may also be interested in:
- When Is The Best Time To Go To Costa Rica
- Japan in Winter: 12 Reasons To Visit And Travel Tips
- Best Things To Do In Japan In Summer Time
- Best Muslim Countries To Visit In Your Lifetime
And there we have it. Now that you have all the information, you can now decide when is the best time for you to visit the Philippines. You can decide whether you want to visit in the low season for the best deals or the high season for the hot weather and water activities.
Leave me a comment down below to let me know when is your favourite time to visit the Philippines. And if you found this article useful, be sure to share it with your family, friends and social media following to help them plan their trip to the Philippines too.